Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 2 Post Adoption

Max's second full day with us.  He slept well in the kennel last night with minimal to none whining and no barking.  (yay!!) 
Woke up and went for a run with me....  he remembered to sit when I stopped during the walk... good training time for him. 
He watched Paige leave for school, then I left for work.  He was a bit stressed..... Then dad left for Seattle.  More stress. 
Mom and Max were left at the house. 
Then mom left and Max was all alone for the first time in the house. Max was completely stressed!!   
But he survived!! 
After 5 walks today of 35-55 mins each, he is now ready for bed. 
Still having the biting issues... you should see Paige's arms.... poor kid. 
We are working on other manners. 

It kills me that some people would be so irresponsible that they would have such a big dog and not teach it manners.  Just tie him up and let him sit in the back yard. 

Anyway, Things are hectic and we are all exhausted, but it is good....


Hopefully tomorrow I will not leave my cell phone, my watch, and the charger cable for my work lap top at home..... not a good start to the day this morning. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that Max knows how lucky he is to have landed in such a great family who are willing to work so hard to help him be a well mannered dog in a loving family... You all ROCK